Visa requirements for Germany and the other Schengen states
(© dpa - Report)
How do I apply for a visa?
Myanmar citizens require a valid passport and a visa to enter the Schengen Area, including Germany.
Applicants must submit visa applications at the German mission responsible for their place of residence. Myanmar citizens living abroad have to apply at the Embassy in the country of residence.
German Embassy Yangon issues visas to applicants living in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar.
Furthermore Germany is representing the following countries referring to Schengen visa (not: national visa):
AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, DENMARK, FINLAND, GREECE, HUNGARY, ICELAND, LUXEMBURG AND NORWAY.
Only if the main purpose of stay is in Germany or one of the above mentioned countries you can apply for a visa at the German Embassy Yangon.
Notice: The Embassy cannot accept digitally edited or altered (photoshopped) pictures, neither for passport nor for visa applications.
In order to apply for a visa please apply for an an appointment online. Please understand that the Embassy cannot supply appointments via email or telephone.
Please make sure to have your current passport number ready and ensure that your personal data as your e-mail address is given correctly.
To the Online Visa Appointment System
- In order to obtain a Schengen visa, ALL applicants need a health insurance for the duration of their stay.
- The processing time for visa applications is a minimum of 3 working days, visas issued on behalf of Denmark need a processing time of 1 weeks.
- Please be informed that you do not have to apply personally within 5 years from the time when your finger prints had been taken.
- Please do NOT send any documents (fax, mail etc., including invitations) prior to the application.
- Please do NOT provide photoshopped or otherwise altered photos
Procedures and Requirements
You need a short-term visa, need to go on a business trip or are you seeking a family reunion? You would like to follow a language course or study in Germany?
Here you will find information leaflets concerning application procedures and requirements.